|Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository|
1. Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
|Data Policy for full-text and other full data items|
1. Anyone may access full items free of charge.
|Content Policy for types of document & data set held|
1. This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
|Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright|
1. Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organization, or their delegated agents.
|1. Items will be retained indefinitely.
2. Black in Appalachia will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
3. Black in Appalachia regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
4. Items may not normally be removed from Black in Appalachia.
5. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
(a) Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
(b) Legal requirements and proven violations
(c) National Security
(d) Falsified research
6. Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
7. Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
8. URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
9. Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
10. If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
11. In the event of Black in Appalachia being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.